I have been researching and thinking a lot about vaccinations. Of course, I want my baby to be healthy and happy and not get any diseases or reactions to vaccines, which makes it is a tough decision whether or not to vaccinate. I haven't fully made up my mind and plan to do A LOT more research. However, a friend recently mentioned to me that she was getting her baby vaccinated b/c it was required for school. I didn't necessarily think this was true, but wanted to make sure for myself. Here is the proof you don't have to have your child vaccinated if you don't want to:
Ohio Revised Code 3313.671
"(4) A pupil who presents a written statement of the pupil's parent or guardian in which the parent or guardian declines to have the pupil immunized for reasons of conscience, including religious convictions, is not required to be immunized"
we do delayed and then selective vaccinations. they also do not receive more than one vaccine at a time and we do not do any combined vaccines, everything is given individually. There is so much info out there that it is overwhelming. Once I found a pediatrician that was willing to work with us and talk me through the vaccines I felt so much more comfortable with them receiving them. Mack is 1 and is still working on the "6 month" vaccines. I waited until he was 10lbs to start which didn't happen until he was 6 months. He will probably be caught up by 2 except for the vaccinations we are not getting. (mainly hepatitis and chicken pox) i did have to file an exemption for the vaccines dash doesn't have for him to even be enrolled in a 2 morning a week church preschool.
ReplyDelete