It can be hard to navigate what is right for your child! I wish you could trust more of what the mainstream media puts out there, but I have learned the hard way that what many describe as "healthy" whether its food or medicine or cleaning supplies there's usually something to watch out for! Its so important to do your own research and READ the package!!
Regarding the vaccination issue I think this gets increasingly hard to make informed decisions as you hear many scare tactics used by media outlets. Well, the scary part is that many times what they say ends up bring false! A well-meaning person recently gave me an article in the newspaper about the increase in whooping cough. But the article was missing so much information and that's scary!! I did a little research on my own and found out that a research study was published recently that found:
..a detailed analysis of a recent North American pertussis outbreak found widespread disease among fully vaccinated older children. Starting approximately three years after prior vaccine dose, attack rates markedly increased, suggesting inadequate protection or durability from the acellular vaccine."
It was clearly evidenced in this study that the vaccine likely provides very little, if any, protection from the disease. In fact, the research suggests those who are fully vaccinated may in fact be more likely to get the disease than unvaccinated populations.
If you want to read the whole article: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/30/whooping-cough-vaccine.aspx?e_cid=20120730_DNL_artNew_1
Friday, August 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment