I'm not going to lie, pizza used to be a weekly treat in our house. When we gave up gluten and dairy - pizza was a hard meal to say good-bye too! I tried to find a cheese substitute... I tried some of the rice and veggie cheeses - which I quickly found out are not good substitutes, as one contains casein and one contains soy (ickkk)! Daiya is the only brand I've come across that seems to have decent ingredients! Most of the time I prefer to just pile on the toppings and skip the cheese.
My whole goal in not eating the foods we gave up is because of the many health concerns associated with those foods. So I try not to just substitute gluten or dairy free foods - I read ALL ingredients and look for healthy whole food options. If there are ingredients I don't know I don't buy that product!
RECIPE: Many times I will make my own GF crust or GF foccaccia bread. But that is definitely more time consuming and for me, I like faster options on the weekend. So for our dinner tonight we had Udi's frozen GF pizza crust with the following toppings:
* Organic Tomato Sauce
* Organic chicken
* Organic Mushrooms
* Organic Kale (could substitute spinach, swiss chard, arugula)
* Organic red onion
* Organic green peppers
* Spices: Oregano, crushed red pepper, basil, garlic
* Hemp seed
IT WAS DELICIOUS!!
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment