Thursday, January 3, 2013

Frankenfood!

I know I promised a couple months ago to write more about why I don't eat certain foods (mainly, SOY, DAIRY, GLUTEN(wheat) or CORN).  And I still really want too - because I think its such an important topic to be as informed as possible on!!  So for those of you who don't share my love for food knowledge - I will try post some things on here that may perk your interest and help spread the word about what is going on with our food supply!!

Here is an excerpt from an article talking about the new genetically modified foods coming to a grocery store near you...  YUKKK!

Genetically altered to withstand heavy applications of toxic chemicals, resist disease or contain more nutrients, so-called “Frankenfoods” are appearing on supermarket shelves at a rapid rate. Currently, genetically modified (GM) corn and soy can be found in many processed foods, and the produce section may contain GM zucchini, corn on the cob and papaya. But beyond those that have already been approved for human consumption, many more GMOs are on the way – and they probably won’t be labeled. These 20 crops and animal products include both those that are already available (whether we like it or not) and some that are still in development, like cows that produce human breast milk. 

To read entire article here is the link: http://worldtruth.tv/20-genetically-modified-foods-coming-to-your-plate/

No comments:

Post a Comment