Thursday, May 24, 2012

BUY local & organic ~ Joining a CSA!!

I am looking at joining a CSA (Community Sponsored Agriculture) this summer!  I am sad b/c I am behind and most are filled up already!  If you aren't sure what a CSA does - here is my simple explanation.  You buy a "share" of the farmer's crops - You can buy a  "summer"share which usually equals 20 weeks of food!  Each week you pick-up whatever is freshly harvested on the farm that week.  This usually consists of veggies, fruit and greens!
The farms I am looking at are all organic.  I am looking forward to trying new varieties and always having the freshest food available!  Plus I love the fact of not having to go to the grocery and buying locally instead!!  If you want any info on what places I find in the area - just ask!  If you are reading this and in IN - my mom knows of farms around Ft. Wayne that offer this too!

BEST PART - you can feel great about eating organic ~ for a good price ~ and supporting your local farmers!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment