I haven't been too great at reading about the baby's developments lately. I was really good early on, but I think b/c not too much happened during those first weeks, I stopped reading as much. Now I have been making an effort to read again. I found out a few interesting things. Week 14 the baby is 3/1/2 inches long and 1/1/2 oz. The baby is breathing, growing hair, can pee and suck his/her thumb.
We are going to the Transiberian Orchestra this weekend so I was kinda hoping the baby's ears would be more developed so he/she could hear the music, but I don't think they are. The baby is also able to move around now, but I dont feel anything yet! I wonder when that starts happening??
I did read one article about what not to eat when pregnant. I knew a lot of the things (i.e. fish, raw meats, soft cheeses, raw eggs) BUT I did not know that you were supposed to avoid deli meats?!?! It said b/c it contains the bacteria Listeria which can be harmful to the baby you are only supposed to eat it if you have warmed the meat up to kill the bacteria. I have been eating turkey meat for lunch and I feel horrible now. I really need to start reading more!
If anyone knows other things to avoid~~let me know!!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i think i remember that...not a big deli meat fan, a little too slimy for my liking...but i am sure you will be okay!! i tried not to eat anything with artificial sweetners, until i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and could no longer eat real sugar...then i was back to the artifical stuff!! i probably should have avoided both but i cannot live without sweets and soda!
ReplyDelete