Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Latest Update from Monday's appts

We had appts with the cardiologist and high risk OB on Monday. The baby’s heart rate was 155bpm. So that is a normal range which is good. We have decided that we will continue to monitor the baby’s heart rate and if it goes back up over 200 I will go back on the meds.

It is scary for us b/c of the complications I had on the medicine in the hospital, but I think that by going on a lower dosage I hopefully shouldn’t have any complications and if I do I will discontinue using it. The other scary part is that I will be outpatient if I go back on the medicine, so I have to take it very easy and pay close attention to any symptoms I may feel. I will have cardiology appts 2x a week if I do go back on the meds for monitoring.

There was no change in the hydrops, but we didn’t expect that there would be much change yet, it typically takes between 2 - 52 days to resolve, if his heartrate stays in a tolerable range. We continue to pray that he stays active and his biophysical profile stays high (it was 8/8 today, which is good). We can only pray his heart rate stays low and his body can pump out the excess fluid.

Things are kinda at a waiting and praying period as they will not deliver me until at the very least 32 weeks (i.e. April 21), but it would be ideal if he could stay in me longer and be doing ok. It will give him time to grow and he will be easier to treat (specifically the heart tumors) if he is more developed. Please pray that his heart rate continues to stay in a good range and he can start to get rid of some of the hydrops and continue to grow bigger and stronger! He has been a good little fighter and if he's anything like his parents I know he will continue to fight!


We can't express how thankful we are for all the support we have been receiving from friends and family, it makes this hard time easier to bear. We love you all and thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment