I got jeans at Motherhood Maternity, but for some reason (and I am not that tall) only longs fit me so I was very limited in selection there! Then we found dress pants at Penney's BUT the stretchy panel they put in the pants had a huge elastic piece right across the biggest part of my belly! (not comfortable and not practical b/c it is noticeable through shirts). So my mom and I being the seamsteresses we are, went to the fabric store and re-did the stretchy panel to cover my whole belly! It turned out better and more comfortable than any pants I saw in the stores!!
The only thing wrong with every pair of pants I tried at all the maternity stores (and even the ones I ended up getting), is the pants were big in the hips and butt! And no stores carry anything smaller than small. So my pants are a little baggy in the hips and buttocks area, but I am not complaining too much about this fact, I can live with baggy pants over a huge backend any day!!
I also got a few shirts but nothing in the maternity section. Thank goodness the styles these days are long and more flowy shirts, b/c I found quite a few cute shirts that fit now and I can grow in! Plus my sister gave me her maternity shirts to borrow, so now I have a few more clothes to choose from!! (Thanks again, Julie!!)
You may be wondering what Dale and my dad were doing throughout this maternity shopping spree! Well, their shopping extravaganza started at Caribou coffee with a Carmel High Rise while they chatted at a table there. Then they moved onto walking over to meet us for lunch, where they both ate a sub and fries. After lunch, my mom and I wanted to check out one more store for maternity wear so even though they just ate, Dale and my dad decided to go grab a hot dog with bacon, onions and chili! Lets just say after all that they looked like the pregnant ones!! haha =)
Prego clothes??!!! I bet you still look ADORABLE in them!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your last comment about your dad and dale is CLASSIC! hahaha miss you!!
Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.With love,
ReplyDeleteFred and Catherine