Although we have been going through a roller coaster of emotions I have to try and make light of some of the things that have been happening. I had one of the strangest nights of sleep ever last night. The baby's heartrate ended up coming down yesterday which is great, but it was a little too low now, so the baby and I had to be on constant monitoring. This involves a heart rate monitor and a fetal monitor being hooked up to me. From 7-11pm I was ok b/c I laid on my back which keeps the baby in relatively the same spot. But when I needed a break from laying on my back a nurse had to hold the monitor on my belly to keep the machine tracking the heartrate. So to say the least I had an unusual night of trying to sleep with a woman an arms length away from me with her hand on my belly.
The good news is that although the baby's heartrate was a little low for normal, it is giving his heart a brake from the high speeds and throughout the night as I laid there unable to sleep I had many hours to just lay and listen to his slower heartbeat and it didn't get any lower which is one thing we were concerned about. They just performed an EKG on me so I should know soon how my heart reacted to the lower dose of medicine. We have an ultrasound at 11am and are praying the baby continues to stay stable.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment